Sunday, August 16, 2009

Health Care for Everyone...or not...

The battle over some sort of health care that everyone can have, assuming they can afford it, is echoing all round the place. This link is a little bit of a discussion about it, but you're probably well-enough versed already, right?

I don't see how any of this can turn out right. I suppose, in the end, there will be some sort of government-run health care system or another that will end up covering more people than are covered now, and that will probably be a good thing. But, lots of people still won't be able to afford the coverage, or it will be structured so that lots of people who need it still can't get it...and, of course, if the government is running things, it will be fucked in some fashion, and whored out to the medical and insurance industries, I would imagine.

I don't know what the best system would be, or whether personal medical savings accounts would be best...what the fuck do I know about it? No matter how any of this goes, we're still going to take a fucking, I'm afraid.

But let me tell you what I DO know.

I know that this country is rich enough to make certain that every single individual is covered with no-pay medical, dental, and vision insurance, of a sort and utility that would serve us all well. Hell, the fucking government wastes more than whatever it would cost, probably weekly, if we were to look at it closely. (Anyone want to discuss what the Iraq Jackoff Session is costing us a week?) No, I don't have any idea how it would be structured, but I don't have to.

As far as I'm concerned, decent medical, dental, and vision insurance, a decent and safe place to live, decent food, and reasonable clothing are rights in this country.

And listen, I'd want to hear any stupid, knee-jerk arguments like, Hey, man, health care ain't mentioned in the Constitution, you commie! That's brilliant, Ace. Submarines weren't mentioned in the Constitution either, you asshole, should we give ours away?

God, brilliant.

Well, it really doesn't matter what anyone thinks. The brain surgeons in Washington are hard a work fucking things up even worse for us, I'm afraid.

Thanks, Barack, et al, for looking out for us...or...probably, not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment